Remember this was my original sketch for my dyed fabrics from http://www.vickiwelsh.etsy.com
I enlarged each circle of squares and that became my template to make my pieces out of. I used plates and bowls to mark my circle. With my light box I marked my fabric pieces and then adhered some Pellon to the back of each piece. Going from light to dark, I then cut out each individual piece and ironed them in place going from light to dark.
I started the center with the green gradient dyed piece of fabric, then onto yellow and orange.
I realized that for the outer rays I needed another color. Deciding was a little difficult but I decided on a red grouping. I then contacted Vicki and asked her to dye me some red fabric with three gradations, instead of five, going from middle dark to dark red! Can’t wait to see them!! Vicki is so wonderful to work with!
While waiting for my fabric to arrive I started the satin stitch process. I need to go around the outer and inner squares with a coordinating color thread.
I hope to have the top all done by the beginning of next week so I can start quilting. While I am stitching the squares down I am also deciding how to quilt this piece!
If you would like to see my other art quilts, hop on over to Thebutterflyquilter.com!
To see what some other wonderful quilters are working on this week hop on over to http://teamquiltsy.blogspot.com