With my WIP post you saw my thoughts on what to do about this quilt.
I decided to add more leaves to it. After finishing the quilting on it but not the binding, I got out my trusty fabric paints and ended up mixing different colors to paint veins onto each leaf.
Big difference! Also did some heavy thread work on the cats face!
I then set my quilt up on my design wall and still thought something was off. I think the quilt was just too long so I ended up cutting off 5 inches from the top of it. I know, I know, all the quilting was done but it just didn’t feel right!
The binding I choose was one of the leafs that had a rust/brown coloring. Here is the finished quilt!
I think she came out pretty cute!
If you would like to see more of my art quilts, stop on over to my Etsy store ~ http://www.thebutterflyquilter.com