Well I am back to my canyon quilt. I finally decided another way I can put it together. For those that have been following along, I think you remember, I gave up on my little 1/2 inch pieced patchwork pieces. The look was not something that I was happy with.
So starting again with my Canyon photo I printed it off in a poster program to enlarge it to the size I wanted.
From there I went and cut out my batting to the actual size of the finished quilt with a little bit extra around the edges. I then pinned Pellon fusible interfacing in place on top of the batting.
After I enlarged my photo to the desired size, I printed it out and ended up with 30 sheets. So each sheet is 8×11 and I work on duplicating the photo colors with my fabric patches that I cut out and lay in place.
Once I have one section done I iron in place the fabric that I had placed just so. Careful that the iron doesn’t touch the Pellon that is not covered in fabric. It makes a mess and you will need to clean your iron.
So every section that I do gets ironed down into place. This way I can work on a section of 8 x 11 at a time. One page at a time.
Here is a large overview so you can see how far I have gotten. Now don’t forget this is all raw edge. I am hoping that with some wonderful thread work it will all come together. I even have lots of different fibers that I will be adding.
I ran out of ink for the bottom pages and had to reprint them in color to get it right. Only 12 more 8 x 11 pages to go!! Stay tuned!