Well as you know last week I was trying to figure out how I was going to piece my free form triangles into a quilt. After a couple of days I decided to try to take an old block and make it modern with my free form triangles. I realized to get the angle right for the block I would have to paper piece. I drafted out the size and then scanned it into my computer. I then decided to use some left over heavy water soluble stabilizer a friend didn’t like. I figured I could just tear it away like paper. Well after printing off 36 of them and sewing about 22 of them I tried to tear it away. It left some on the fabric. That wouldn’t be bad but it was the black ink I was worried about that was on the stabilizer. I put one in water to get rid of the stabilizer only to have the ink run into the white fabric. So for a few hours and small tweezers I bet you can guess what I was doing, getting every last bit of stabilizer off. I decided to go back and run the rest of my paper pieced sections onto paper. Worked so much better!
Once I had my 9 blocks (I wanted to do more but knew I would not have enough fabric) , I laid them out. I loved them on point.
The rest of my blocks and outer triangles were also done with free form piecing. I think it gives it a very modern feel. This took a lot longer than I thought but I love the colors. All from just white fabric and a bundle of 2 1/2 in strips. I plan on quilting it next. Still deciding on how but something will come! LOL