Deciding to organize a few things in my sew room I came across these templates that I forgot I had. It had been years since I used them. I only used the small one to be honest but I asked Arco to make me a specific size. Their templates are made of metal with a ruff surface on one side so it doesn’t slide on your fabric when you’re cutting. There website: http://www.ardcotemplates.com
This was a small quilt I did years ago using the smaller template which had a 3 inch finish to it.
Going thru my fabric I found a couple of prints that I wanted to cut up. Although this does waste some fabric I did have some fun! The only thing was they were all set in seams!!! Not too bad though after years of not doing set in seams! LOL
Once pieced, some of them are hard to see where the seams were so here is the template on the shape within the quilt!
Here are all the table toppers I finished using this method so far. Before cutting my fabric I added a strip of color then used the template so it forms different stars depending on how wide the strip is that you add.
I realized on my fall one that the color strip I added matched too close so you can’t see the star pattern. Oh well, that is what trying new things is all about! It was fun trying different fabric choices. Now off to start my new art quilt!