As you know I had rusted some pieces and was not able to sew them on my sewing machine. Rust adheres to the fabric and little bits of metal will get into your machine besides breaking a lot of needles. I finally got smart and did some research on sewing rusted fabrics after the fact. Not wanting to just throw them away I decided to figure out a way to use them. I am having a lot of fun. I have done spiral stakes, a circular saw blade (have two more) and spiral shanks. Here is some before and after.
Each piece I am working on I am trying new things, like Tyvek beads and beading. It is a fun process to just let yourself go and try something new. I have two more saw blades and a bike chain to put together. Stay tuned and will keep you posted!