Well if you were following me you noticed on my WIP wednesday I was trying to finish up my Poppy quilt. It is finished! Yay!
I had a couple of glitches along the way. Well not exactly glitches but things I wanted to change as I was going along. On my butterfly that I printed onto fabric using my computer, I had to piece the butterfly together. Not sure if I like the outcome but once I made some changes I could live with it. When it printed, it printed light and it didn’t have the depth of color that my original photo had so I got out my pebeo seta color transparent paints and went to work. I just went over the colors with the paint to make them really pop. I added some orange in with the yellow on the butterfly parts also. Below is before and after photo’s.
Also, after quilting the whole quilt, I added the butterfly and then I added the yellow flower to the left of the quilt. Once quilted, it just didn’t look right with the other flowers that were beautifully painted. So I went ahead and painted this flower also but just added a mix of yellow and orange, then some brown to the center like the other flowers.
I was happy once it was all done with some of the changes I made at the last minute. I also enjoyed doing a quilt with so many different techniques and combining them all together. Here is the finished quilt!